No guest customization after upgrade to Update 2
This problem exists since the release of Update 2 but I still get a lot of questions from collegues who run into this. After you upgrade your VirtuaCenter version 2.5 Update 2 guest customization stops working. When deploying virtual machines from a template sysprep does not run after the first boot. I had to first manually login and then they would start or after waiting a really long time without login. This is a known issue and will be fixed in Update 3. For the time being VMware released a fix in the following kb article.
- vRealize Operations 6.x certificate expires soon by Erik Scholten
- vSphere 5.5 End of Life: Now what? by Alex Muetstege
- Using VMware and Veeam? Update VBR 9.5 to Update 3a now by Edwin Weijdema
- Upgrade vRealize Suite using vRealize Lifecycle Manager by Erik Scholten
- 8-update-version by Dimitri De Swart