Faulty HP ESXi 3.5 USBs (continued) – Warning
Yesterday I wrote a blog on faulty HP ESXi 3.5 USB keys which cost me a lot of time troubleshooting. Today I received a link from a collegue (thnx Egbert) with more information on the subject.
Here HP Support document c01605187 which was released Nov 13th.
The USB Keys that are affected were shipped between March 31, 2008 and September 15, 2008. HP states that all USB Keys with green aluminum casing have been purged from inventory and were replaced by VMware ESX Server 3i USB Keys encased in black plastic. This clearly is not the case as my collegue received some green USB keys this week.
So hereby a warning: If you received green HP VMware ESXi 3.5 USB keys, REJECT them and demand the black replacement VMware ESXi 3.5 USB keys. This will save you a lot of time and effort!
- Downgrade the vRealize Automation license by Erik Scholten
- VMworld 2016 – What’s New in vSphere 6.5 by Alex Muetstege
- VMware Fling – Latency Sensitivity Troubleshooting… by Anne Jan Elsinga
- Getting started with vRealize Log Insight by Anne Jan Elsinga
- VMware releases Update 3 for vSphere 5.5 and vCenter 5.5 by Alex Muetstege