Intel selling half of its VMware shares
After the earlier news that Cisco was enlarging its stake in VMware now the news gets out that Intel sold half of its shares.
Intel disclosed that it had recently sold 1 million shares in the virtualization software maker and plans to sell another 3.75 million VMware shares on the open market. 500.000 of these shares were bought by Cisco. Another 500.000 were bought by EMC, VMware’s mother company.
After the rumors of Intel buying VMware from EMC one has to wonder what the future has in store for VMware. Also Cisco’s membership of Microsoft’s Server Virtualization Validation Program and the expansion of shares gives enough to speculate about.
- Rapid VMware deployment with Virtual SAN Ready Nodes by Anne Jan Elsinga
- VMworld 2015: Nexenta offers free File Services for current… by Edwin Weijdema
- vRealize Orchestrator Cisco UCS Plugin is available now by Erik Scholten
- ThinApp 5.2 released with Windows 10 support by Anne Jan Elsinga
- VMware Announces App Volumes 3.0 by Sander Martijn