VDM: Delete computer accounts afterwards
We did a lot of testing lately with VDM for a proof of concept for a client and for our Centric/VMware seminar. One of the things we found missing was the cleanup of computer accounts after a VM was deleted.
The problem is that when you use non persistent pools and you use the option to delete the VM after it has been used it leaves a computer account behind in the Active Directory.
After a while you have a lot of computer accounts in your AD from computers that have been long gone. I like my AD tidy, so I’ve got the feeling that something is missing.
I know you can script a lot with VBScript or PowerShell (checking VirtualCenter to see if the computer still exists and if it isn’t, just delete it), but IMHO I think the connection broker itself should do this.
Erik posted a suggestion on the VMware forums. Feel free to acknowledge the problem :)
I must admit that I’m not sure if this is in VMware View 3.
- vRA custom host name using Orchestrator and Event Broker by Erik Scholten
- Manually delete protected replicas in Horizon View by Erik Scholten
- How to delete an orphaned desktop pool by Erik Scholten
- Two vCPU NSX controller for lab environment by Sander Martijn
- How to link VMware View desktop to its replica by Sander Martijn