A lot of companies still have some doubts or fears for virtualizing Exchange, so I compiled some information on virtualization Exchange on VMware ESX.
There are already a lot of articles and posts on this subject. Below you find a couple of links to these articles and posts:
- Deploying Microsoft Exchange in VMware Infrastructure
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery for Exchange using VMware Infrastructure 3
The last contains three podcasts:
- HA for Exchange using VMware
- Disaster Recovery for Exchange using VMware
- Testing and troubleshooting for Exchange using VMware
Microsoft is updating its software licensing terms for 41 server applications, including Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise edition, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 Standard and Enterprise editions, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Enterprise and Professional editions, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, and Microsoft System Center products. With the new terms, the company is waiving its previous 90-day reassignment rule, allowing customers to reassign licenses from one server to another within a server farm as frequently as needed.
Microsoft has updated its technical support policy for 31 server applications so that customers can receive technical support when deploying those applications on Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V, Microsoft Hyper-V Server or any other third-party validated virtualization platform. Now customers can get the same level of product support in a virtualized environment that they are accustomed to with nonvirtual environments. More information is available at http://support.microsoft.com.
Deploy Exchange on a dynamic platform
Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 on VMware ESX server 3
Performance and scalability of virtualized Microsoft Exchange 2003 on VI3
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Virtual Appliance, preconfigured appliance, including Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005
16000 Exchange mailboxes on one server with VMware
- 20 Years VMware - Past to Present by Alex Muetstege
- Using VMware and Veeam? Update VBR 9.5 to Update 3a now by Edwin Weijdema
- VMGuru TV Episode 2: What if you need support? by Anne Jan Elsinga
- VMware's announces new Automation Cloud Services by Erik Scholten
- How to build a Hyper-Available Infrastructure - Part… by Edwin Weijdema