Upgrading VMware vCenter server
While building the virtual enviroment for a client we are getting a lot of questions about how they should handle certain aspects in their new enviroment.
One of those questions is how they should handle upgrades, best practices etc.
While I was looking for some sites which could give them some nice information on this topic I came across the following article on the VMware site.
The article gives some information about how to handle an upgrade of the vCenter server. It tells you that you should stop certain services. Changes are that you get corruption in some of the VMware products when not following the guidelines given in the article.
- Frequently asked questions for the vSphere Client (HTML5) by Anne Jan Elsinga
- vSphere 5.5 End of Life: Now what? by Alex Muetstege
- Upgrade vRealize Suite using vRealize Lifecycle Manager by Erik Scholten
- Onboard existing workloads in Cloud Automation Services by Erik Scholten
- VMGuru TV Episode 2: What if you need support? by Anne Jan Elsinga