VMware Fault Tolerance & CPUs
With the launch of VMware vSphere this week there are some new features to play with. One of the most interesting features, I think, is VMware FT (Fault Tolerance). Implementation of this features introduces some new caveats, in the case of FT you can not use all CPU’s and you can only apply FT on virtual machines with 1 vCPU. 1vCPU limits the implementations but is very easy to check in contrast to finding more compatible CPUs.
You can check the list and read the article here.
- Frequently asked questions for the vSphere Client (HTML5) by Anne Jan Elsinga
- vRealize Operations 6.x certificate expires soon by Erik Scholten
- VMGuru TV Episode 4 by Anne Jan Elsinga
- Onboard existing workloads in Cloud Automation Services by Erik Scholten
- Monitor QNAP NAS devices with vROPS SNMP Adapter by Dimitri De Swart