VMware Fault Tolerance & CPUs
With the launch of VMware vSphere this week there are some new features to play with. One of the most interesting features, I think, is VMware FT (Fault Tolerance). Implementation of this features introduces some new caveats, in the case of FT you can not use all CPU’s and you can only apply FT on virtual machines with 1 vCPU. 1vCPU limits the implementations but is very easy to check in contrast to finding more compatible CPUs.
You can check the list and read the article here.
- 20 Years VMware - Past to Present by Alex Muetstege
- Upgrade vRealize Suite using vRealize Lifecycle Manager by Erik Scholten
- Using VMware and Veeam? Update VBR 9.5 to Update 3a now by Edwin Weijdema
- vSphere 5.5 End of Life: Now what? by Alex Muetstege
- Frequently asked questions for the vSphere Client (HTML5) by Anne Jan Elsinga