VMware renames vSphere
After many complaints from the community VMware finally gave in and renamed their next generation ESX, formerly known as vSphere, to vCloudOS. We at VMGuru.nl already complained at the end of 2008 about the new name and many other did the same. Some even claimed that VMware couldn’t have registered the name vSphere as it was owned by another company.
Despite the fact that VMware publically used vSphere as their new name for their virtual infrastructure at VMworld Europe 2009 in Cannes they now changed it.
According to VMware´s spokesman Faril Polos, ´The new name better reflects the role, the opportunities and VMware’s strategy for our line of Virtual Datacenter products.’
- Frequently asked questions for the vSphere Client (HTML5) by Anne Jan Elsinga
- Hello my name is VMware Cloud Assembly! by Erik Scholten
- cropped-vSphere-Client.png by Anne Jan Elsinga
- vSphere 5.5 End of Life: Now what? by Alex Muetstege
- So Cloud Automation Services are here, what's next?… by Dimitri De Swart