VMware renames vSphere
After many complaints from the community VMware finally gave in and renamed their next generation ESX, formerly known as vSphere, to vCloudOS. We at VMGuru.nl already complained at the end of 2008 about the new name and many other did the same. Some even claimed that VMware couldn’t have registered the name vSphere as it was owned by another company.
Despite the fact that VMware publically used vSphere as their new name for their virtual infrastructure at VMworld Europe 2009 in Cannes they now changed it.
According to VMware´s spokesman Faril Polos, ´The new name better reflects the role, the opportunities and VMware’s strategy for our line of Virtual Datacenter products.’
- vSphere 6 available for download NOW by Alex Muetstege
- New VMware Hands-On labs have arrived! by Sander Martijn
- VMware releases vRealize Orchestrator plug-in for vSphere… by Erik Scholten
- What’s new in vSphere 6 pricing & packaging by Erik Scholten
- vSphere 6.5 General Available Today! by Alex Muetstege