Spaces in LDAP
With one of our deployments of VMware View we had problems with the linked clones. Adding the computer accounts to Active Directory failed everytime. Even after recreating the pool it failed. Computer accounts weren’t created in Active Directory.
After a lot of troubleshooting, logfile reading and consulting with VMware Support a colleague said: Why are you entering spaces in the LDAP path?
OMG, you’re kidding. Did I enter spaces in the LDAP path? NO WAY. Stupid, stupid me.
I know, I know, you’re not supposed to use spaces in LDAP. We checked everything, from server to configuration, but never, not once, I suspected spaces in my LDAP path. One of the good things of this search for errors though was that we triple checked the configuration and found nothing out of the ordinary (except of those pesky spaces).
So VMware, please add a browse window for the location in AD to prevent my stupid mistakes :oops:
- Add Veeam to a Workgroup, Domain or Forest? by Edwin Weijdema
- Best Practices for Hardening the Veeam Backup… by Edwin Weijdema
- Backup failed due to bitlocker by Edwin Weijdema
- Unable to backup iSCSI volume with Veeam Agent for Windows by Edwin Weijdema
- Windows Agent history Failed overview by Edwin Weijdema