VMware licenses RTO’s Virtual Profiles
User profiles are a pain in the *. All to often profiles get corrupted by multiple sessions and logons are often slow.
RTO has a product for this: Virtual Profiles. This product solves a lot of problems with user profiles.
If you are going to use virtual desktops you will eventually end up with the same problem Terminal Server and Citrix users have had for a long time. But don’t worry, there is hope on the horizon:
AN FRANCISCO, Calif. – September 2, 2009 – Today at VMworld 2009, VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop through the datacenter and to the cloud, announced it has signed an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) agreement with RTO Software to integrate its industry-leading Virtual Profiles technology with VMware View™, the industry-leading enterprise desktop virtualization solution. The integrated offering will provide comprehensive user personality management and will enable VMware View customers to dynamically provision users, together with their profile, applications and data, across networks and devices. (See related press release also announced today: “VMware Leads in Virtual Desktops with VMware View™ – Simplifying Desktop Management, Lowering Costs and Enriching User Experience.”)
- 20 Years VMware - Past to Present by Alex Muetstege
- What is the VMware Virtual Cloud Network? by Martijn Smit
- VMGuru TV Episode 3 - Our VMworld 2020 recommendations by Anne Jan Elsinga
- How to build a Hyper-Available Infrastructure - Part… by Edwin Weijdema
- Setting up a vSphere Cloud Zone in Cloud Assembly by Dimitri De Swart