VMware launches View 4.0 beta
As a real VMware View enthusiast I’m really anxious to work with the new VMware View 4 with PCoIP. Just like vCenter Site Recovery Manager, were the new version was released last week, VMware View has to be adjusted to support VMware vSphere 4.
The release of VMware View 4 is expected at the end of this year and earlier this week VMware launched a private beta.
The major difference will be software version of the Teradici PC over IP (PCoIP) protocol which VMware View 4.0 will contain. The demo at VMworld Europe 2009 looked very promising and I’m very curious how this will perform.
This video I found on YouTube certainly looks very very promising indeed.
I’m not invited to this private beta (yet) but I hope that my VMware contact can arrange an invitation soon so I can experience this new technology soon so I can implement this at client sites as soon as it is released.
- VMware released Update 1 for vSphere 6 and much much more by Alex Muetstege
- Put that USB Scanner in VMware Horizon View by Alex Muetstege
- VMware Fling – Horizon Service Installer for NSX by Anne Jan Elsinga
- VMware Horizon 6.1.1 by Sander Martijn
- Horizon (with View) 6.0.1 is downloadable now by Anne Jan Elsinga