How to virtualize an application using VMware ThinApp 4.5
A lot of people are interested in using VMware ThinApp to virtualize their applications to get ready for a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure. We also use VMware ThinApp in Proof of Concepts at customer sites. ThinApp is not hard to learn but you will have to get familiar with some features.
VMware released a video today with an easy how too virtualize an application using VMware ThinApp 4.5 setup capture wizard.
The Setup Capture wizard has five stages for creating a virtualized application:
When you finish the process of virtualizing an application, you can deploy the virtualized application to users on a network share or a USB key, or directly to their desktop computers. When users double-click the virtualized application, it runs instantly, with no installation required. For more information read the following VMware KB article.
- Accelerating Application Security with Network… by Martijn Smit
- Cloud Automation Services in action by Dimitri De Swart
- We finally did it: VMGuru TV Episode 1 - working /… by Anne Jan Elsinga
- Application monitoring with VMware Wavefront by Dimitri De Swart
- VMware's announces new Automation Cloud Services by Erik Scholten