VMware ThinApp 4.5 released
Yesterday VMware has released the new version of their application virtualization product, ThinApp 4.5
ThinApp 4.5 includes the following new features to improve usability, performance, and updates:
- Support for Windows Server 2008 R2, 32-bit Windows 7, and 64-bit Windows 7 operating systems.
- ThinApp version updates to incorporate the latest features or support enhancements without rebuilding packages. The relink.exe utility updates existing packages.
- Compression of MSI packages that uses the MSICompressionType parameter to improve the ThinApp SDK performance.
- Reduced memory consumption and page file usage to improve startup performance. The OptimizeFor parameter works with the CompressionType parameter to customize memory performance and startup time.
- Anonymous collection of statistics to expand the support for applications. You can use the Setup Capture wizard or the QualityReportingEnabled parameter to help VMware build support for applications and help you migrate more native applications to a virtual environment.
- Loading of DLL files as virtual DLL files without using API functions. The ForcedVirtualLoadPaths parameter loads external system DLL files that depend on DLL files inside the package.
- Product interface updates to improve usability and link to video and documentation information. German and Japanese versions of the ThinApp User’s Guide are available.
- Using VMware and Veeam? Update VBR 9.5 to Update 3a now by Edwin Weijdema
- Upgrade vRealize Suite using vRealize Lifecycle Manager by Erik Scholten
- What's new in vRealize Automation 7.5 by Erik Scholten
- Vembu Backup and DR Software - Revisited by Alex Muetstege
- vSphere 5.5 End of Life: Now what? by Alex Muetstege
The founder and driving force behind VMGuru. With over 20 years experience in IT, he now works as a Cloud Management Specialist at VMware Benelux. He worked as technical consultant, pre-sales and solutions architect for several systems integrators. He's a long time VMware VCP Data Center Virtualization, VCP Desktop, VCP Cloud Management & Automation, VCA, VSP and VTSP, vExpert Cloud (2017) and one of the few 10 times vExpert (2009 - 2018).