EqualLogic firmware with vStorage API
This month Dell released their firmware for EqualLogic iSCSI SANs.
A couple of things that caught my attention:
- vStorage API support. Things like snapshot, storage vmotion etc are now handled by the array, instead of the ESX host
- you can create seperate volume administrators. No more need to create group admins if you only need to create volumes
- 2TB disk support for the 4000 en 6000 series. The 6500 series already had support for 2TB disks
- You can mix 5500/6500 in a pool. This is still not recommended
Features like this makes it even a better storage system than it already was in my opinion.
- Using VMware and Veeam? Update VBR 9.5 to Update 3a now by Edwin Weijdema
- Unable to backup iSCSI volume with Veeam Agent for Windows by Edwin Weijdema
- VMGuru TV Episode 2: What if you need support? by Anne Jan Elsinga
- So Cloud Automation Services are here, what's next?… by Dimitri De Swart
- vSphere 5.5 End of Life: Now what? by Alex Muetstege
Anne Jan Elsinga
Anne Jan Elsinga is a Technical Account Manager for VMware. In the past he worked as presales and technical consultancy and architecture for several systems integrators. From 2009 until 2017 he was awarded with the VMware vExpert status. In the night time he dances latin, ballroom and salsa and he also discovered the pleasure of diving and woodworking. Recently he started blogging about smart homes and comfort in general.