VMware abandons CPU based licensing model
With the release of vSphere 4.1, VMware has released a new licensing model.
The management products below change from a CPU-based pricing model to one that is VM-based.
- VMware vCenter CapacityIQ;
- VMware vCenter AppSpeed;
- VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager;
- VMware vCenter Chargeback.
Until December 15th these product can be offered both ways, CPU-, or VM-based.
As of today VMware vCenter Lifecycle Manager is end-of-sale.
This new licensing model has no impact on VMware vSphere licensing!
- How to properly license your infrastructure by Anne Jan Elsinga
- VMware releases first ShellShock patch by Alex Muetstege
- How to monitor your VMware SDDC Management health? by Erik Scholten
- VMware releases vRealize Orchestrator plug-in for vSphere… by Erik Scholten
- Bye bye, VMware vSphere C# client by Erik Scholten