New Enterprise Hypervisor comparison
Last year we published an Enterprise Hypervisor comparison and we got very positive comments and feedback on it.
During the last few weeks I received many update requests so I decided to update the old hypervisor comparison but this time I changed the setup a bit.
- No beta or pre-release versions are used. In the last document we also compared Hyper-V R2 beta which wasn’t officially released.
This time all software is available and no features are subject to change due to beta-test, etc.;
- The versions used are the platinum/ultimate/fully-featured versions of the hypervisors. Product features can be limited by lower license versions;
- No free versions have been used in this comparison.
I spend hours collecting information on Citrix XenServer 5.0 and 5.6, Microsoft Hyper-V 1.0 and R2 and VMware VI 3.5 and vSphere 4.1. Not all information is easy to find and some of it is even contradicting but I checked, double checked and Anne Jan did a full review so I’m pretty sure the information is 99,9999% accurate.
I hope you find the new Enterprise Hypervisor comparison useful and feel free to contact us when you have feedback for us to improve the list.
You can find our new Enterprise Hypervisor comparison here.
Last update: August 27th, 2013.
- vSphere 5.5 End of Life: Now what? by Alex Muetstege
- Upgrade vRealize Suite using vRealize Lifecycle Manager by Erik Scholten
- Using VMware and Veeam? Update VBR 9.5 to Update 3a now by Edwin Weijdema
- Cloud Automation Services in action by Dimitri De Swart
- vRealize Operations 6.x certificate expires soon by Erik Scholten