EMC Isilon 15PB Storage system
EMC has announced a new storage system called Isilon 108NL. The Isilon storage system consists of 36 disk 4U nodes which can be joined together to create a 144 node storage system with a capacity of 15 PB.
It’s a scale-out storage system where each node contains its own 1 Gbps and 10 Gbps interfaces so you can add capacity while maintaining throughput.
According to EMC, the Isilon 108NL can achieve a throughput of 85 GBps and a maximum of 1.4 M IOPS. The Isilon can be equipped with 1, 2 or 3 TB Hitachi SATA disks giving it 36, 72 or 108 TB per storage node. The Isilon is by powered by the OneFS operating system which supports NFS, SMB, iSCSI, http and FTP and delivers N+4 data protection on cluster, directory or file level.
- 29 - vSphere storage class available by Dimitri De Swart
- 26 - vSphere CSI storage configuration by Dimitri De Swart
- 25 - vSphere Storage policy for Rancher by Dimitri De Swart
- Using VMware and Veeam? Update VBR 9.5 to Update 3a now by Edwin Weijdema
- Do you have the right insights? by Dimitri De Swart