Veeam Backup & Replication v6 released
This week Veeam released their latest version of their Backup & Replication software “Veeam Backup & Replication v6“. With their latest release they offer enhanced scalability and performance.
They also add support for Microsoft Hyper-V so you can protect your multi-hypervisor environment with only one product, from a single console.
New features in version 6 are:
- A new distributed architecture for better scalability. Deployment and Maintenance for remote office and large installations are simplified;
- Advanced replication by combining both backup and replication in to one solution;
- Multi-hypervisor support with the new support for Microsoft Hyper-V. The console let’s you manage both VMware and Hyper-V hosts from a single console;
- 1-Click file restore is an enhancement on the existing “Instant File-Level Recovery” reducing the number of steps needed from 10 to 1.
Besides these new features there are also a lot of improvements made to the product. For full details on the new features and a list of all the improvements take a look at this document.
For those that are re-evaluating their current data protection strategy (and those that are just curious :) ) and want to have a look at Veeam Backup & Replication v6 can do so by getting a trial here. You can also look at the recorded webinar series here.
- Using VMware and Veeam? Update VBR 9.5 to Update 3a now by Edwin Weijdema
- Add Veeam to a Workgroup, Domain or Forest? by Edwin Weijdema
- Best Practices for Hardening the Veeam Backup… by Edwin Weijdema
- Vembu Backup and DR Software - Revisited by Alex Muetstege
- Unable to backup iSCSI volume with Veeam Agent for Windows by Edwin Weijdema