VMware View 5.1 and vSphere 5.1 now compatible
During the last patch cycle VMware made VMware View 5.1 and vSphere 5.1 compatible with each other.
For VMware vSphere 5.1 to support View 5.1 you need to do download a patch for ESXi 5.1 or an up to date ESXi 5.1 ISO image.
To download the ISO:
- Navigate to the vSphere Download Center.
- Click View Download for the VMware ESXi 5.1.0 Installable for your version of ESXi.
- On the Product Downloads tab, download VMware-VMvisor-Installer-201210001-838463.x86_64.iso.
Just like with all the other updates: Before you update, make sure all the other components are compatible as well. For example back-up solutions and anti-malware are not always compatible with the most recent versions. Check the documentation before you do the upgrade.
- vSphere 5.5 End of Life: Now what? by Alex Muetstege
- Using VMware and Veeam? Update VBR 9.5 to Update 3a now by Edwin Weijdema
- Upgrade vRealize Suite using vRealize Lifecycle Manager by Erik Scholten
- 6 - Download KUBECONFIG by Dimitri De Swart
- Monitor QNAP NAS devices with vROPS SNMP Adapter by Dimitri De Swart