VMware vSAN & vCOPS included in Horizon Suite
Today at VMworld Europe 2013 VMware announced that VMware Virtual SAN (vSAN) and VMware vCenter Operations Manager (vCOPS) for View will be included in the Horizon Suite.
VMware Virtual SAN for Horizon View beta will deliver significantly lower CAPEX and TCO for VDI environments. The bundling of VMware vCenter Operations Manager for View in Horizon Suite, available at no additional cost, offers advanced VDI performance and operations management for large-scale virtual desktop production monitoring, advanced problem warning, faster time to resolution and complete infrastructure coverage.
This is a great step forward and the next step in combining VMware’s server- and desktop virtualization techniques. Important to mention is that vSAN is still beta.
- Upgrade vRealize Suite using vRealize Lifecycle Manager by Erik Scholten
- Health check your vSphere environment using Runecast… by Erik Scholten
- Using VMware and Veeam? Update VBR 9.5 to Update 3a now by Edwin Weijdema
- Application monitoring with VMware Wavefront by Dimitri De Swart
- 20 Years VMware - Past to Present by Alex Muetstege