VMworld Europe 2013 announcements
Virtualization News 0
We just finished the VMworld Europe 2013 keynote session and the news is overwhelming. VMware has announced a ton of new products, features and a company acquisition. The following announcements where made:
End User Computing
- VMware View 5.3 and Horizon Mirage 4.3 were announced.
- VMware Horizon Suite 5.3 will include vSAN and vCOPS for VMware Horizon View.
- VMware acquired Desktone to enable multi-tenancy, selfservice, grid based desktop as a service.
- VMware announced vCloud Automation Center 6.0 (vCAC) which now includes vCloud Application Director and will support VMware NSX, vCloud Hybrid Service and OpenStack-based cloud environments.
- vCenter Operations Manager Suite 5.8 was announced which offers enhanced performance analytics for business-critical applications like Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server. It will also provide support for applications running on Microsoft Hyper-V and Amazon Web Services.
- vCenter Log Insight 1.5 which includes enhanced integration with VMware vCops.
- VMware Hybrid Cloud Management Solutions will include integrations between vCloud Hybrid Service and hybrid cloud management solutions. VMware will release a new vSphere Web Client plug-in that will allow administrators to directly manage vCloud Hybrid Service using a web browser and the vSphere web client.
- vCloud Hybrid Service is now fully compatible and certified with vCloud Automation Center 5.2 and 6.0.
- vSphere Data Protection Advanced 5.5 for back-up & recovery integration with VMware vSphere. It will include new capabilities including network-efficient backup, data replication, a new Microsoft SharePoint agent, and automatic back-up verification.
- VMware recently acquired Virsto. Virsto write cache is available now.