VMware acquires AirWatch
VMware and AirWatch just announced that they have signed a definitive agreement under which VMware will acquire AirWatch. Airwatch is a leading provider of enterprise mobile management and security solutions.
VMware will acquire AirWatch for approximately $1.175B in cash and approximately $365M of installment payments and assumed unvested equity.
AirWatch is a leading provider of enterprise solutions for Mobile Device Management, Mobile Application Management and Mobile Content Management with 1.600 employees,currently has more than 10,000 customers globally. Their products offer enterprises a platform to securely manage a rapidly growing set of mobile devices and an increasingly mobile workforce. Their vision is to provide a secure virtual workspace that allows end users to work at the speed of life.
This acquisition will expand VMware’s End-User Computing group, in which AirWatch’s offerings will form an expanded portfolio of mobile solutions that are complementary to VMware’s portfolio. VMware will probably integrate the AirWatch portfolio into its End User Computing (EUC) platform, VMware Horizon Suite, to further enable mobile users without compromising security.
- How to build a Hyper-Available Infrastructure - Part… by Edwin Weijdema
- Production-ready Kubernetes with Pivotal Container… by Erik Scholten
- 20 Years VMware - Past to Present by Alex Muetstege
- What is the VMware Virtual Cloud Network? by Martijn Smit
- What's new in vRealize Automation 7.5 by Erik Scholten