VMware Fling – BatchV2V
VMware released a new Fling, BatchV2V. It is a command line utility that helps to simplify batch V2V operations with VMware Converter. On first run, BatchV2V outputs a configuration file that can be used multiple times to batch copy one virtual machine to many other targets. For many administrators, this is done manually on a regularly scheduled basis with VMware Converter.
The tool helps to batch the copy job so you don’t have to manually specify the parameters on an ongoing basis.
- VMware Converter v5.5
- .net framework 3.5
Make sure you have .net framework 3.5 or higher installed, then follow the steps below:
- Install Converter with client-server(advanced) mode on your Windows desktop
- Run “Batchv2v -i” to generate two files “converterServer.json.sample” and “converterTask.json.sample”
- Edit “converterServer.json.sample” and rename it to “converterServer.json”
- You can edit “converterTask.json.sample” manually, or run “Batchv2v -ft” to generate a task file in an interactive mode
- Rename “converterTask.json.sample” to “converterTask.json”
- Run “BatchV2V -t” to submit your tasks in “converterTask.json”
- Run “BatchV2V -q” again to query your tasks
- Run “BatchV2V -c” to cancel all your running tasks
- Run “BatchV2V -c task-2” to cancel a task with id “task-2”
- Detailed instructions are in the README file that is in the download.
You can download BatchV2V here.