VMware Workspace Portal 2.1 available now
Virtualization News 2
Last week at VMworld, VMware introduced VMware Workspace Suite, a unified platform that delivers enterprise mobility management from AirWatch, application and desktop virtualization from Horizon, and file sync and share with Secure Content Locker. Part of the VMware Workspace Suite is the VMware Workspace Portal.
VMware Workspace Portal lets you build a self-service app store so users can access virtually any application on any device for better workspace management.
Since September 9th VMware Workspace Portal 2.1 it is available for download.
What’s new with Workspace Portal 2.1
This release of VMware Workspace Portal 2.1 delivers the following new features.
- VMware Workspace Portal is delivered as a single virtual appliance. (Guided) installation now takes less than 30 minutes
- Users and resource analytics and system health dashboards are available from the Workspace Admin Console
- DaaS desktops and applications are now integrated and appear in the Workspace Portal
- End users can group apps in their Workspace Web app portal by
- Marking apps as favorites
- Filtering apps by category
- End users can reset View desktops from their Workspace Web app portal
- End users can use single-sign on (SSO) from their Workspace Web app portal to sign in to AirWatch Web Secure Content Locker and to enroll their devices (AirWatch MDM)
- The AirWatch Secure Content Locker SAML app is pre-configured in the Workspace cloud application catalog
- Workspace appliance performance improvements
- Faster user entitlement calculations
- Bulk upload users and groups more easily from Active Directory during initial Workspace configuration
- Support for more flexible Active Directory configurations
- Single AD domain
- Multi-domain, single forest
- Multi-forest with trust relationship
- Multi-forest with no trust relationship
Some pictures of the interface: