Coffee as a Service with VMware Orchestrator
Coffee as a Service, (CaaS?) I guess we all have that in some form. Some have a kind lady bringing coffee, others have a kind collegue.. but that is not what this is about. What this is about, is vCenter Orchestrator, or vRealize Orchestrator as it is recently renamed to. Not many people know that Orchestrator is actually a standard part of their VMware package and that they already have it at their disposal. But it really is! And you can already do amazing things with it, as Rob Shaw proves in his article, where he really did create a ‘CaaS’.
Okay, truth be said, it is a DIY project. It involves an Arduino Yun microcontroller, a PowerSwitch Tail II, a coffee maker and VMware Orchestrator. And a bit of programming work, of course. With these parts, Rob created his CaaS. He made a step-by-step guide on how he created it. You can check it out at here!
Now, this is just a ‘fun intended’ example of what you can do with Orchestrator. But if you put your mind to it, the possibilities are endless. What would you do with Orchestrator?
- vRealize Orchestrator Cisco UCS Plugin is available now by Erik Scholten
- VMware Fling – Wavemaker Integration for vCenter… by Erik Scholten
- Dutch VMUG Roundup by Alex Muetstege
- Barista as a Service with vRealize Orchestrator by Anne Jan Elsinga
- VMware releases vRealize Orchestrator plug-in for vSphere… by Erik Scholten