VMworld 2015: Site Recovery Manager 6.1 introduction
Enhanced VMware NSX Integration
VMware NSX 6.2 makes it possible to extend your virtual network across multiple vcenter servers and lets you work with a seconday NSX manager. This will give you much more fexibility when implementing SRM into your enviroment.
Storage Policy-based Protection Groups
Datastores that are protected by SRM will have a tag and this tag can be assigned to a virtual machine. If a virtual machine receives this tag it will be automatically moved to the linked datastore trough a storage vmotion. Once on the datastore it will be picked-up by SRM and added to the protection plan.
To remove a virtual machine from the protection plan simply remove the tag.
Stretched Storage Support
With stretched storage support, SRM 6.1 now offers the integration of a stretched cluster. This means that in addition to plans for disaster recovery, you can now also create plans for disaster avoidance and mobility.
Additional information about SRM 6.1 can be found here
- What's new in vRealize Automation 7.5 by Erik Scholten
- Hello my name is VMware Cloud Assembly! by Erik Scholten
- Accelerating Application Security with Network… by Martijn Smit
- Onboard existing workloads in Cloud Automation Services by Erik Scholten
- How to create a Cloud Agnostic service in Cloud Assembly by Erik Scholten