Monitor Microsoft Exchange with vRealize Operations Manager
VMware is working hard to provide more and more application management plugins for vRealize Operations. In previous versions vRealize Hyperic was used to perform application monitoring, with the newer versions of vRealize Operations this is done using the EndPoint Operations agent (EPOPS agent). Application specific intelligence is added using management packs. To monitor Microsoft Exchange you can now use the new vRealize Operations Solution for Microsoft Exchange.
The vRealize Operations Solution for Microsoft Exchange is a management pack which provides visibility into your Microsoft Exchange deployments. Pre-defined dashboards allow you to see the status and the relationships between the different components of Microsoft Exchange.
The vRealize Operations Manager solution for Microsoft Exchange server can support Microsoft Exchange server 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 using End Point Operations Manager agents and collects specific metrics on the servers hereby proactively monitoring and assessing components’ availability for Microsoft Exchange server.
Monitor Microsoft Exchange highlights
- Auto-Discover your MS Exchange servers.
- Obtain specific metrics on MS Exchange servers.
- Easy root-cause analysis once problems are detected.
Supported versions of vRealize Operations Manager:
- vRealize Operations Manager 6.4.
Supported versions of MS Exchange Server:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2016.
The plug-in discovers and collects Microsoft Exchange Server metrics for the following objects:
- Exchange server.
- Exchange ADAccess Domain Controller service.
- Exchange Active Directory Topology service.
- Exchange Anti-spam Update service.
- Exchange Availability Service service.
- Exchange Database Instance service.
- Exchange Database service.
- Exchange Diagnostics service.
- Exchange EdgeSync service.
- Exchange Frontend Transport service.
- Exchange Health Manager service.
- Exchange IMAP4 Backend service.
- Exchange IMAP4 service.
- Exchange Information Store service.
- Exchange Mailbox Assistants service.
- Exchange Mailbox Replication service.
- Exchange Mailbox Transport Delivery service.
- Exchange Mailbox Transport Submission service.
- Exchange Monitoring service.
- Exchange OWA service.
- Exchange POP3 Backend service.
- Exchange POP3 service.
- Exchange RPC Client Access service.
- Exchange Replication service.
- Exchange Search service.
- Exchange Service Host service.
- Exchange Throttling service.
- Exchange Transport Log Search service.
- Exchange Transport service.
- Exchange Unified Messaging Call Router service.
- Exchange Unified Messaging service.
Other articles in the series vRealize Operations:
- Introduction of vRealize Operations 6.0
- Hands-on lab: Cloud Management with vRealize Operations
- vRealize Automation Management Pack for vRealize Operations Manager available now
- Cisco releases UCS Manager Management Pack for vRealize Operations
- vRealize Operations 6.2 released
- Monitor vCenter Server appliance with the End-Point Operations Agent
- Monitor Windows services with the End-Point Operations Agent
- vRealize Operations: Adding an OS Monitor Script
- Monitor hybrid, multi-cloud architectures with the new Microsoft Azure Management Pack for vROPS
- vRealize Operations 6.6: You need this!
- Monitor JBoss EAP with vRealize Operations
- Monitor Microsoft Exchange with vRealize Operations Manager
- vCenter Operations Manager for View
- How to monitor your VMware SDDC Management health?
- DRS got even smarter with Predictive DRS
- Why you want to discover services in your environment
- Application monitoring with VMware Wavefront
- vRealize Operations 6.x certificate expires soon
- Monitor QNAP NAS devices with vROPS SNMP Adapter
- vRealize Operations 6.x certificate expires soon by Erik Scholten
- Monitor QNAP NAS devices with vROPS SNMP Adapter by Dimitri De Swart
- What's new in vRealize Automation 7.5 by Erik Scholten
- Gain insight in Kubernetes by Dimitri De Swart
- Health check your vSphere environment using Runecast… by Erik Scholten