How to monitor your VMware SDDC Management health?
If you are operating a full VMware SDDC environment you’re using a lot of components from the VMware portfolio. VMware vCenter Server, vSAN, NSX, vRealize Operations and Automation. But how is the health of your overall solution? How is everything working together? Wouldn’t it be nice to have a single pane of glass for your entire VMware SDDC environment! Now you can with the VMware SDDC Management Health Solution.
SDDC Management Health solution bundles the capability of monitoring various application components of the SDDC management stack. The intent of the Solution is to provide a single pane of glass to isolate the health problems in the applications running on the SDDC management plane.
New SDDC Management Dashboard includes the following:
- SDDC Health Management : Health Overview
- SDDC Health Management : Historical Trend
- SDDC Health Management Apps : Infrastructure View
- SDDC Health Management Apps : Service View
- Health based alerts
- Config based alerts
- Top Recommendations
The VMware SDDC Management Health Solution provides health (availability & product effectiveness) and configuration on the following SDDC components:
- VMware vCenter health.
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager health.
- VMware vRealize Automation health.
- VMware vSAN health.
- VMware vRealize LogInsight.
- VMware vRealize Business for Cloud.
- VMware NSX for vSphere.
The VMware SDDC Management Health Solution provides validations against:
- vSphere Hardening Guide.
- NSX Hardening Guide.
The VMware SDDC Management Health Solution is compatible with:
- VMware vCenter Server 6.0 and 6.5.
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.2.1, 6.3.0, 6.4.0.
- VMware vRealize Automation 6.2.4, 6.2.5, 7.0, 7.0.1,7.1, 7.2.
- VMware vSAN 6.2 and above.
- VMware NSX for vSphere 6.2.4 and above.
- VMware vRealize LogInsight 3.0 and 4.0.
- VMware vRealize Business for Cloud 7.2.
Other articles in the series vRealize Operations:
- Introduction of vRealize Operations 6.0
- Hands-on lab: Cloud Management with vRealize Operations
- vRealize Automation Management Pack for vRealize Operations Manager available now
- Cisco releases UCS Manager Management Pack for vRealize Operations
- vRealize Operations 6.2 released
- Monitor vCenter Server appliance with the End-Point Operations Agent
- Monitor Windows services with the End-Point Operations Agent
- vRealize Operations: Adding an OS Monitor Script
- Monitor hybrid, multi-cloud architectures with the new Microsoft Azure Management Pack for vROPS
- vRealize Operations 6.6: You need this!
- Monitor JBoss EAP with vRealize Operations
- Monitor Microsoft Exchange with vRealize Operations Manager
- vCenter Operations Manager for View
- How to monitor your VMware SDDC Management health?
- DRS got even smarter with Predictive DRS
- Why you want to discover services in your environment
- Application monitoring with VMware Wavefront
- vRealize Operations 6.x certificate expires soon
- vRealize Automation Management Pack for vRealize Operations… by Erik Scholten
- VMworld 2015: VMware introduces EVO SDDC by Erik Scholten
- VMware presents Cloud Foundation by Erik Scholten
- VMware Validated Design for SDDC 3.0 Released by Martijn Smit
- What’s new in vRealize Automation 6.2 by Erik Scholten