Infoblox & vRealize Automation, Install Infoblox IPAM plugin
This is Part 2 of setting up the native Infoblox IPAM integration with VMware vRealize Automation. In this blogpost I will show you how to install the Infoblox IPAM plugin in VMware vRealize Orchestrator.
Install plugin in VMware vRealize Orchestrator
Enabling Embedded VMware vRealize Orchestrator in VMware vRealize Appliance
1. Log on to the VMware vRealize Appliance on Console as root and run the command:
2. To make sure service is started when the appliance boots up, run the command:
Install Infoblox IPAM Plugin in VMware vRO
- Log on to the VMware vRealize Orchestrator Control center -> https://<vra-appliance-name>
- Click on vRealize Orchestrator Control Center and login with the username “root” and the password used during setup.
- Click on the Manage Plug-ins button.
- Click “BROWSE”.
- Traverse to the location of the plugin. The plugin file will use a .dar extension.
- Select the plugin file and click “Open”.
- Click “INSTALL”.
- Click “SAVE CHANGES” to commit the plugin installation.
- Verify that the Infoblox Plugin now shows in the Plug-in list.
- Click on “VM” button to go back to home screen.
- Click on “Certificates”.
- Click on the “IMPORT” menu and select Import from URL.
- Type the URL for your NIOS appliance and then click IMPORT.
- Click “IMPORT”.
- Verify that the NIOS certificate is now displayed in the Trusted SSL certificates list.
- Click on the VM button to return to the Orchestrator Control Center home page.
- Click “RESTART” to restart the vRealize Orchestrator service. Note: this process may take couple of minutes to complete.
Now, go to Part 3 for how to setup the IPAM Endpoint.