vRealize Operations 6.x certificate expires soon
Normally I don’t replicate VMware KB articles or bug reports with clear instructions on how to fix your problems. But in this case I want to warn vRealize Operations users and prevent that they run into an issue soon. Why? The vRealize Operations 6.x certificate expires soon!
If you have installed vRealize Operations v6.x and above you may be impacted by this. The internal SSL Gemfire certificate expires on November 19, 2019. By design, the internal certificates for vRealize Operations are set to expire five years after its initial installation.
For example, if vRealize Operations 6.0.0 was installed on November 19, 2014, and incrementally upgraded to later versions, the internal SSL certificate will expire on November 19, 2019.
So this also applies if you’re running vRealize Operations 7.x but you’ve upgraded incrementally from version 6.x.
How to fix this? VMware has released a update PAK file that has been released for customers running vRealize Operations v6.x and above that renews the certificate to prevent it from going into system inoperability.
Please refer to this KB article for more information on how to check the expiration date and instructions to upgrade your vRealize Operations internal certificate.
Nice detail. on Check SSL/TLS Certificate Validity Period using vRealize Operations and End Point Operations Agent’ on the VMware Blogs site. Maybe a good idea to set this up to check if any other certificate expires any time soon.
Other articles in the series vRealize Operations:
- Introduction of vRealize Operations 6.0
- Hands-on lab: Cloud Management with vRealize Operations
- vRealize Automation Management Pack for vRealize Operations Manager available now
- Cisco releases UCS Manager Management Pack for vRealize Operations
- vRealize Operations 6.2 released
- Monitor vCenter Server appliance with the End-Point Operations Agent
- Monitor Windows services with the End-Point Operations Agent
- vRealize Operations: Adding an OS Monitor Script
- Monitor hybrid, multi-cloud architectures with the new Microsoft Azure Management Pack for vROPS
- vRealize Operations 6.6: You need this!
- Monitor JBoss EAP with vRealize Operations
- Monitor Microsoft Exchange with vRealize Operations Manager
- vCenter Operations Manager for View
- How to monitor your VMware SDDC Management health?
- DRS got even smarter with Predictive DRS
- Why you want to discover services in your environment
- Application monitoring with VMware Wavefront
- vRealize Operations 6.x certificate expires soon
- Monitor JBoss EAP with vRealize Operations by Erik Scholten
- Monitor Microsoft Exchange with vRealize Operations Manager by Erik Scholten
- vROPS Tenant App for vCloud Director by Anne Jan Elsinga
- How to monitor your VMware SDDC Management health? by Erik Scholten
- Infoblox & vRealize Automation, Install Infoblox IPAM plugin by Dimitri De Swart